Benefit-driven strategy and operations consultant transforming the way clients plan and operate. With over 18 years of experience at leading management consulting, consumer goods and financial services organizations, brings strong knowledge of finance, technology, change management and international business. Experienced in working with executive committees and operational teams. A leader and team player recognized for a structured approach, creative problem solving and a focus on identifying and delivering change to increase revenue, reduce costs and improve quality.
ALEXANDER ROAN CONSULTING, Tokyo, Japan2019 – Present
Independent management consulting, client engagements:
- Jun-Oct 2019: Led the 3-year strategic planning process for a leading global staffing & maintenance business covering 12 countries across Asia Pacific. Outcome included baseline plan plus >$50m cost savings and >$200m acquisitions to meet growth and margin targets.
DELOITTE TOHMATSU CONSULTING, Tokyo, Japan, 2018-2019
Sales and delivery for international clients in Japan. Specialising in business model and finance transformation:
- Led $3.7m sales within first 9 months (3 engagements);
- Led the development of a 5-year strategy (incl. operating model & business case) for shared services & outsourcing for a global beverages business. >$100m savings identified;
- Led a supply chain strategy review and developed a corresponding negotiation playbook for dealings with 3rd party manufacturers for a global consumer products business. Resulted in multi-million $ cost avoidance and risk reduction;
- Led a 3rd party partner selection and planning for a large scale offshore outsourcing deal (>300 people), successful identification of a partner to meet business case requirements.
ALEXANDER ROAN CONSULTING LTD, London, United Kingdom, 2012-2017
Independent management consulting, client engagements:
- DELOITTE CONSULTING, UK (2017) – Designed a future operating model for finance utilizing functional expertise, external benchmarking and voice of finance / voice of the customer interviews;
- STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (2015-2016) – Led the half year and full year financial close and report creation for group finance. In parallel with development of an accelerated financial closing process;
- DEUTSCHE BANK (2013 – 2014) – Process governance owner for source to pay, cost accounting and record to report. Governance owner for process modelling standards. Lean process improvement coaching for project teams;
JOHNSON MATTHEY (2012 – 2013) – Led the strategy phase for a global standard process model and ERP design for finance, manufacturing, sales, logistics. Also led the 3rd party systems integrator selection process and developed a finance maturity model.
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS CONSULTING, London, UK, 2008-2012
Practice lead for SAP strategy, finance systems lead, client engagement highlights:
- Finance systems lead for target operating model for Heineken. This included a process taxonomy with FTE allocation, organization model, location study, SAP solutions architecture, business case and implementation roadmap;
- Transition services manager for services agreed under the sales of equities and investment banking from Lehman Brothers to Nomura during their administration. This involved negotiating and documenting the services agreed with Nomura, then managing the service provision which included execution of financial transactions (closing positions) and the provision of IT infrastructure and business applications:
- Solution architect for the planning and reporting architecture for the BBC (SAP and other systems);
- Analyst – SAP ERP implementation quality review for Kingfisher’s global standard finance process design. This was a detailed review covering process design and SAP configuration;
- Finance systems lead – Created a new management reporting data model for Diageo. This included financial and non-financial data for global planning & reporting. Held workshops & interviews to capture information requirements across the business for the full data model and key underlying requirements including chart of accounts simplification, profit centres & cost centres hierarchies and decision decisions for SAP NewGL and SAP BPC.
PROCTER AND GAMBLE, Newcastle, UK, 2000-2007
Global projects team:
- Program manager, global supply chain systems upgrade, managed 4 regional PMs, ECC6.0 / Unicode;
- Overall leader for the Gillette Russia post acquisition integration; Covering 3 plants, 2HQ, DCs & SOs, Team size of 50 people + $1.4m SI contract. Key scope included processes & systems & people integration, harmonize trade terms, creation of a single order pad, re-modelling of supply chain;
- Led the a) rollout of global shared services, b) corporate restructuring to a regional entrepreneur model and c) SAP ERP implementation for the Balkans (Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia). Covering 1 plant, 1 HQ and several sales office, Team size of 50 people. Systems scope included finance, procurement, production planning, sales & distribution, and business intelligence;
- Led the development of a new methodology to execute ERP programs in 4 months for small markets and simple business units;
- Led the development of a new Intrastat reporting system;
- Led the EU enlargement compliance work. On 1st May 2004, 15 new member states joined the EU. Tax, expert papers and invoices were adjusted across 25 EU countries;
- Led the upgrade of the Global Pharma business ERP systems covering 3 plants, 1 HQ. Team size of 5 people covering SAP FICO configuration as well as CoA simplification, CC / PC hierarchy re-design and interfaces to other systems;
- BA – EMEA SAP / restructuring projects;
- Purchase to pay product owner; delivered workflow scanning/approval and EDI invoicing initiatives:
- Led the clean-up and migration of 120,000 vendor accounts across EMEA from old to new ERP systems.
University of Strathclyde Glasgow, Scotland,
2000 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
Professional photography (part time).